Sunday, August 1, 2010

His Brother's Keeper

Heading down stairs toward our room in basement at GeeGee and Papa's house Paul Thomas asked, "Mommy, will you cuccle me?"

This was somewhat surprising since almost every night of his life we have cuddled before bed.

Nonetheless, he was ensuring a cuddle session.

"Yes, I will cuddle you"

"Because I am scared of the dark"

He confessed this with a matter-of-fact tone that betrayed an underlying, deep seated fear that touched me deeply as Mommy, knowing that we all, at some point, have been scared of the unknown. Just as I was about to launch into a long explanation of how Jesus and our Angels are always with us whether it is light or dark and if we ask they will help us, he continued...

"Cause I can't see Vevry"

The root of PT's fear was of not seeing his brother, whether it was because he needed to keep a watchful eye on his Avery or he just needed to know he had a companion in his nights' journey. Avery has given Paul Thomas so much more than a playmate, he has given him extra courage and responsible that comes with being the big brother. Both of which Paul Thomas takes great pride in carrying yet does not always come lightly.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. PT is such a sweet heart! He has so much love to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now you're making me all verklempt again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day before the wedding, don't know which since it's all a blur now, I took PT and AR for a walk to see the big diggers. The big diggers were close and loud. PT was concerned, very concerned, and reached over with an arm to cover AR and protect him. AR was totally content with the noise, PT was being a big protector. Papa was proud with the scene and we left the site for more peaceful surroundings.

    ReplyDelete