We had our first sonogram on Friday to determine the age of the baby. (NFP strikes again and accurately pin-pointed the due-date even in the midst of a crazy nursing cycle, much to the dismay of the nurses and doctors who think they are the only ones who have knowledge of my body! Thus the sonogram.) Now, on to the post. Our little one looks a lot more like a sister than a brother. That said, hold off on getting too attached or loosening those purse strings. We are only at 16 weeks and, well, there is still a bit of development left. If another sonogram is in order we will let everyone know. (I am pulling for a girl because all our baby boy clothes are at the very bottom, farthest corner of our storage unit. "Girl" means shopping, not digging!)
I was initially trying to withhold this information as a means to guard my heart. I really thought that Avery was Adelaide and it took a moment to lose her in order to gain him. But like most joys it is just too hard not to share. I am looking forward to mothering little giggly girls, but understand that God is always in charge.
We are excited to welcome O.A. around June 30.
I think you should name her Orangianna Austronautica. It has a nice ring to it...I will understand though if you don't!
ReplyDeleteYES YES YES!!! EEEEEKKKK!!! ;LAKDJFAO;IDSF ASDNSDF!!! I'm sooooo excited!!
ReplyDeleteBut, I'll still be excited if some other parts develop later on...
Boys are cute, too, but it's time for some more women in this family!!
Naaaaa, we aren't excited around here. Shopping....pshah
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on #3! What a blessing - girl or boy! Hope you are feeling well!
ReplyDeleteRuth, dadgumit, I need a translation. Pardon me while I go get my horn-rimmed glasses that are sitting on my "Old Lady" table.
ReplyDeleteYes, Ruth; no foreign languages accepted here. We do understand that you may be just a wee bit excited.. and you are expressing much of what all of us are feeling!
ReplyDeleteFor that, we are grateful to you.
And, yes .... we love babies, period! Girl or boy, pink or blue..whatever.
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDelete