Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our great find!

After Christmas both Philip and I caught a very nasty stomach bug which kept us in bed for awhile. Mom, understanding our need for rest and queit (as she had it a couple of days before), gathered up all that were well and headed to the Discovery Center.
Here is how their day went curtiousy of Gia's camera.



There was lots of building.


And scarf blowing.



There was some risky business.
Walking above the city.


And of course one would need to eat after all that.


Even pretend veggies are scoffed at.


Much better for my little carnivore.


Nana was the only one brave enough to challenge the bucking bronco.


"Should have been a cowboy..."


"Should've learned to rope.."


"and ride."

Now all you Texans are probably on to the next line of the song!

The Discovery Center was such a huge hit that we used some of the boys Christmas money for a year pass.
Big thanks to Grandma and Granddaddy and Grandpa Blaxton for this wonderful gift!
We go almost every week!
I must admit that I probably should have put my Christmas money towards the pass as I definetly get as much out of it as the boys.
They are bringing in new exhibits which we'll update you on soon!

Oh, this is were the kilascope mirror picture of Avery was taken.
 

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this and a visit with Nana and Uncle Matty - what a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Discovery Center looks way cooler than when we were little! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this means that Maher and I will be visiting the discovery center on our next trip up! Looks like a fun day with every one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the wiskey for your men and beer for the horses

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Wearing my six-shooter riding my pony on the cattle drive"
    I've had this song stuck in my head for a week now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made such a wise and Fun choice for using the Christmas money; can't wait to get to Amarillo and become a "real" Texan, not just an imported one.
    I'm not promising to be as brave as Nana, though.

    ReplyDelete