Thursday, December 13, 2012

Crafting Craze!

This year with Philip out of town most of the week and me being full of anti-nesting hormones we have taken on a monumental task of creating one of kind treasures for our friends and family. 

Here is a glimpse of our first craft...free form ornaments.



Is there such a thing as too much paint?



I shaped a snowman. Mary Colette smashed it. Paul Thomas said, "Don't worry Mommy I fixed it and now it is beautiful." How can you argue with that? That is what Avery is painting. And after the many layers of paint were applied it resembled something that I often find in my un-flushed toilets, so it too took a little trip. 

Whew! I know you all are glad you don't have to display a Christmas Turd!



This is why we have to limit our crafting time! Could you image how insanely chapped his poor lips would be if we did this more than once a week?!

 


Proof that some can over come those Blaxton genes.



Some of the finished products!



And now for your viewing pleasure...a two minute glimpse into what took up over two hours while Mary Colette napped. I had no idea a few little clay ornaments could hold so much paint!



6 comments:

  1. So fun- brings back memories. Hahaa-"how did it get brown?" "I don't know."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery is quite the talker! Poor PT doesn't talk as much - it's hard to talk when your tongue is otherwise occupied, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tounges are an important organ for blance, coordination, concentration, multitasking and generally much higher thinking than ordinary mortals. And you thought all that talent came from brains alone. Come to think of it, where is my chapstick anyway?

    ReplyDelete

  4. Aah.. yes... memories. I believe we
    still have some of those ingenius little artsy crafty ornaments for our
    tree. And the happy proud faces are worth a fortune! For peace of mind Mammsita..the ornaments become more beautiful as the years go by...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow when did Avery start talking like a big kid? He sounds so much older! Loved watching them work so patiently together! Looking forward to seeing them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just couldn't pass by those four brilliantly creative smiling expressions of Paul T proudly holding his ornaments - it's our present Desktop and lights up the whole room!

    ReplyDelete