Monday, February 25, 2013

Created by God...

As a Mommy of a boy first I was in absolute awe that my little boy was born with both the ability to make a motor sound and weapons to defend anything within range of an imaginary throw or finger point. My boys are, well, boys. What does that mean? It means they can play all day with each other with no need for names or much communication other than sound effects... and oh goodness do they have sound effects. Paul Thomas would "beep, beep, beep" any time someone around him backed up, just like an oversize truck. Yup, makes a Mommy feel good about her rear end when her two-year old feels the need to warn everyone else around that she is in reverse.

I am blessed to witness first hand this strange and wonderful creature call "boy"; and in the past 20 months I have been doubly blessed to see its contrast with girlhood.

My little girl can and will keep up with her brothers and no matter how thoroughly "tomboy" she is, she is authentically and wonderfully female. No matter how many times she joins in with the boys she is female and God made her with a different nature. As impressive as a boy's ability to make one motor sound for a car and another for a helicopter, it has been even more amazing to watch her be social and engaging in a juxtaposition to her male counter-parts. Without prompting, she is more affectionate. We end up being the one's patted when trying to comfort her. If one of her brothers is sad or in trouble she goes and fetches their blanket and then wants to stay and comfort them. She gives the sweetest kisses and hugs. Recently, without any encouragement, she found some baby dolls to nurture at Gia's house.  Seeing these beautiful feminine traits blossom, we decided to get her a baby of her own. The other day she spent over half an hour doing this.



 
 


She changed baby doll's diaper and then tucked her in with her favorite stuffed animal. She used every single cloth wipe to ensure maximum comfort and then rocked her to sleep.

Watching this take place warms the heart and leaves me humbled to witness God's creation, male and female, unfolding in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I've had a similar experience watching my friends with boys in comparison to Samantha...which is why I hope the next one is another girl! I'm not sure I have it in my right now for a boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing, Mammasita - brought tears to my eyes, thinking about your sweet little ones and how they communicate and love! Thank you for the time you take with us and with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Chelie. Almost a sweet as being there-NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia.. your deep love feelings and beautiful expressions are such a God-given gift which you appropriate
    so well. Thank you, thank you.. and
    Thank You, Lord God for Julia; our family is so blessed to have this precious handmaiden of yours. I'm
    printing off her commentary for posterity, as I have done with other
    blog entries which are equally worthy.

    ReplyDelete