Four has proven to be a very tough age for our boys. It has been the hardest year thus far with many more to come I'm sure. But something about four is just tough. Tonight I was walking with our four-year-old to give him some space away and focused time he shared this with me.
"What's going on Avery? Is four just hard?"
"NO, growing up is too hard! That's why I wanted to stay three and never turn four!" He said this as if he was forced into this position.
Me too my little one, me too. I wish I could have twice as long with each of you at each stage, even four, so to leave a deeper imprint on my soul. How quickly the candles come these days.
Oh, sweet Avery! I know how you feel - every year get harder, especially the younger you are.
ReplyDeleteBless his litle heart... lots of us wish for more time at a particular age; and oh,do I wish for more time with various children....
ReplyDeleteWonder why we celebrate a Birthday when the person doesn't want it?
Avery is very special in that he is able to verbalize his dilemma. Maybe that will make him feel better.