Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Photo Favorites


A cluttered childhood.

Why I love this picture:
They don't know I'm watching. 
They are all contributing to their evolving game of bear hunt to revolutionary war heroes to the next big adventure.
It's a cluttered childhood for two reasons, the many adventures to happen in a short afternoon, before they are called in to dinner and the many ages that take part in these adventures.
This play is taken serious, full emersion into their part is taken.
The haziness of this picture. It is due to it being taken inside through our dirty windows and screens, but it is also us, adults, looking into a world not fully infocus because it's not ours. Do you remember your favorite childhood make believe games? I do...and I remember how I hesitatingly let anyone older in on them because I could see their foggy eyes as I tried to explain. And then, they might question how something was to work and interject realism into the whole scenario. What was once a crystal clear picture for me would itself become hazy just as it was for the older person and I would take on older, hazier eyes.  Only when I played with my beloved playmate would my vision return to clear, sunny and bright. Where anything is possible...medieval princesses really could live on the high plains with Indians and Cowboys. Where stagecoaches and white horses, that maybe at times looked like unicorns, did exist and flourished. 
They play, I love this picture because they play, they pretend, because they are children.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I love your ability to put into words the beauty of our world. How thankful I am this little family is my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you for giving them a childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to both of the above comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! Both the description and the picture! I love how you foster their wonderful imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mammasita, you say it all so well! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect illustration of Two Missions: ... the children's -totally absorbed in serious innocence and unaware of being watched, and Mammasita's - totally involved in a wonderful verbal and visual in-depth description without being detected! That's makes for such loving escapes into "being" for all concerned. This is truly beautiful, Julia.

    ReplyDelete