Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Photo Favorites


Warning: Proud Momma Post

This is what he has read since March, not including the ten books we found in his room and the ones that were Gia's and his history books, easily another twenty in the stack! 

How there was so much struggle on my part. All I could see were other little ones with the books and feet kicked up in the air whisked away to faraway lands. How he has flourished in this adventure. He amazes me daily. 

If you are wondering The Magic Tree House was the turning point..he ate those books up and has gone on to much harder books now. We have a growing list of what to read next and have to tell him to turn off the lights when he is finish reading because I can't stay up that late. (Perks of homeschooling! I don't care if you stay up late reading most nights.) 

Seriously look at the grin, its accomplishment and confidence. When he would read to me he was so nervous and lacked confidence that he didn't even want his baby sister in the room, Now he reads to all of his siblings. (I do not take any credit for this...Paul Thomas worked very hard to be here and I think that smile says it, well done Paul Thomas!)

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Paul Thomas. So glad you have discovered this adventure of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Worlds and worlds of things are now all yours, Paul Thomas! Well done, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Grandma DriverAugust 10, 2017 at 10:22 AM

    Trophies to you, Paul Thomas! This might be some sort of record for the most books read in the shortest time by a ten-year-old! Your beautiful smile just got bigger and more joyful.. because of your great accomplishments! Look what can happen when you stick with a difficult challenge and keep trying! A good example for all of us!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete