While snuggling on the eve of Philip's birthday George told me, "I thought boys had birthdays before girls."
"Some do"
"Yeah, well that way Daddies are bigger than Mommies, so that is was the need to have birthdays before girls."
The following morning as Avery and I decorated for Philip's birthday George approached us with the most pathetic tear streaked face. Now, in full disclosure half of us have been sick, like flu sick, this week and it started with George and well he is still not feeling great so emotions have been extra tender lately. So in a truly tragic voice he states to his big brother and me, "I will have to give my dragon blanket to Isaac because I am getting bigger."
Breaking both Avery's and my hearts, we scooped him up and loved on him, however we could not come up with an acceptable solution to his dilemma and only discovered that this growing up business is not fun for four-year olds. And once a blanket does not fully cover oneself then it must be passed along, oh had I known this day would come I would have made a king size dragon blanket allowing my Forever Baby to stay that way.
He may be four, but his heart is SO.oo.o much bigger; bless his gentle generosity!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet story for us, but mostly for him to know later in life! Counting the days 'til I can love on him too.... :)
aww George! Luci told me the other day that she asked God to make her stop growing so that she could use her blanket forever. I agree, 4 is really hard!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, George! Such a blessing to have such loving parents and siblings to help you through the rough patches.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet, sweet heart he has!! Joey, even at 17, still has moments where he freely admits he wants to be little again. ♥
ReplyDeleteWait...is Isaac your little tie breaker??
ReplyDeleteNo. We have no idea the gender of our littlest and hope to be surprised again. However we are enjoying name suggestion, especially in the boy dept.
ReplyDeleteOh, okay! I was kinda confused for a minute. :) I think Isaac is a good name, too.
ReplyDeleteBefore we moved from Flushing in 1992, Ruth Ann (4 yrs old) told me, "When I die,
ReplyDeleteI want my quilt to be buried with me. I love my quilt!" Her Grandma Blaxton had handmade it for her and was Ruth Ann's loyal comforter and playmate.