Car rides seem to bring out very interesting conversations:
After doing our checks, Ellie asked if I was older than Daddy. (A topic that seems to totally and completely astonish our children) After confirming, yet again, that indeed I am just a bit older, Annie pipped up from the back row.
"Yeah, that's why Mommy is going to die first."
Avery to Annie, "Not necessarily."
Ellie before the conversation was overtaken by older siblings explanations, "Yeah, Daddy will die first because he is taller."The secret to a long life-live shortly.
<3 <3 I'm safe with you.
ReplyDeleteThis commentary is prize-winning! I was nearly rolling in stitches laughing by the time I reached the last comment. Love the logic of developing minds and the openness to express them. Julia,
ReplyDeleteyou may be sad to know you may be going through this temporal life to a ripe old age since you have 4 sons. and who knows how many daughters may be taller than you.
Ellie almost always looks amazingly mature, Precious.
ReplyDelete